Professional Knoxville Drain Cleaning
Effectively Unclogging Drains & Clearing Sewer Lines
It can be incredibly frustrating to have your sewer or drain system back up. When it happens, you need a team you can count on to address the issue quickly and efficiently. At The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling, our team of expert plumbers in Knoxville can provide you with the plumbing services you need. We have years of experience providing drain cleaning and unclogging services and can handle even the worst clogs.
We know that these problems can be a hassle, which is why we work to provide lasting solutions that you can count on for drain inspection and repair. Whether your problems have stemmed from something as simple as a small toilet clog or a much more serious issue, we have all the skills you need to address those problems.
Call The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling today at (865) 238-2280 to schedule a drain cleaning in Knoxville.
Common DIY Drain Cleaning Mistakes
Deciding to DIY and clean up a clogged drain may save you some money—if you completely know what you’re doing. More often than not, however, DIY methods can do more harm than good to your plumbing and you might end up having to call your local plumber to fix the mess.
Avoid these common drain cleaning mistakes:
- Mistake 1: Pouring chemical cleaners. Commercial drain cleaners contain harsh chemicals that slowly eat away at your pluming components. Additionally, not all clogs can be dissolved by drain cleaners.
- Mistake 2: Water blasting your drain. Water pressure may work, but not for large clogs. Thrusting your garden hose or using your pressure washer can only add pressure to the pipe to the point that it might leak or burst.
- Mistake 3: Use of inappropriate or makeshift tools. Using household items like metal coat hangers or wooden spoons might seem like an accessible solution, however these 'tools' can easily get stuck, damage thinning pipes, or even make your clog worse.
- Mistake 4: Meddling with the piping. Unless you are an expert , never ever disassemble pipes yourself. First of all, just because the fit feels tight, it doesn't necessarily mean it's secured. Often, these DIY attempts end up costing you in additional repairs and replacements.
To effectively clean a drain, you have to determine the kind of clog and where that clog is located along the pipeline. Instead of attempting to fix the problem yourself, schedule a professional Knoxville drain cleaning with The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling. These professionals have all the required tools and equipment to remedy your drain problem. In fact, you could save more money trusting them compared to the risk and cost associated with remedying slip ups from DIY attempts.
4 Ways To Keep Your Drains Clear
The best way to ensure your drains aren't clogged is to avoid clogging them in the first place. Our expert plumbers and drain cleaning experts in Knoxville have seen it all, and we've rounded up the four most common culprits to clogged drains so you can avoid them in the future.
1. Put a hair-stopper on your shower drain - If your shower drain keeps getting clogged, you'll need the services of our Knoxville drain cleaning experts again and again. If you install a hair-stopper, then you could save yourself the constant hassle of getting your shower drain cleaned again and again.
2. Add a lint catcher to your washing machine's water line - All of your clothes dirt and debris don't just disappear when your washing machine is done. What this gunk does is go into your water line and cause all sorts of clogs and stoppages.
3. Throw out your cooking oils in the garbage - While it might be convenient to simply wash away all of your cooking oils in your sink, these fatty substances will latch themselves onto the inside of your pipes. Once that happens, a clog on the way as these sticky oils will catch food that's passing by.
4. Don't put the following food items down the garbage disposal - Pasta, rice, celery, egg shells, and coffee grounds should all be thrown away in the garbage as opposed to thrown down your garbage disposal. Sure, you can get away with it every now and then. But if you're constantly putting these food items down your garbage disposal it's just a matter of time until you'll need our Knoxville drain cleaning experts to clear your clog.
Benefits of Professional Knoxville Drain Cleaning
Bear in mind that while it may be tempting to turn to store-bought chemical drain cleaners, these solutions are actually very damaging to your pipe system. Not only are they often not very effective at addressing the actual clogs, but they can also degrade your pipe system, leading to expensive repairs or replacements down the line.