Expert Knoxville Leak Detection
Effectively Locating & Resolving Plumbing Leaks
Leaks can cost you significantly in wasted water, water damage, and increased water bills. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average household can lose up to 10,000 gallons of wasted water every year. This is equivalent to the amount needed to wash 270 loads of laundry.
At The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling, we can help you find your home’s leaks and stop them in their tracks. Our high-quality services and professional leak detection plumbers in Knoxville and the surrounding communities can help you protect your home and your wallet.
Call The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling at (865) 238-2280 today to schedule a Knoxville leak detection service! We offer upfront pricing as a guarantee.
Signs You May Have a Plumbing Leak
Our Knoxville leak detection team in not only has the professional equipment needed to quickly detect leaks, we also have extensive knowledge and experience in this area. Untreated leaks can damage the structure of your home, cause health problems, and lead to unnecessary repair expenses. They can be difficult to detect, but there are signs you can look for that may signal a leak.
Signs your Knoxville home has a water leak include:
- Sound: Do you hear water running when no taps are in use?
- Mildew: Is mold or mildew appearing? Check dark, warm places like inside cabinets and behind appliances.
- Foundation cracks: Are there new cracks in the flooring or walls?
- Wet spots or hot spots: Do your walls, ceiling, or floors have wet spots, discoloration, or hot spots that appear unexpectedly?
- Water meter or pump changes: Leaks can cause visible changes to your water meter, or cause your well pump to run. If you suspect a leak, turn off all water for a few hours, and check your meter reading before and after the period of time. If the reading has changed, you may have a leak. If you have a well, shut off all water and see if your well pump continues to run, signaling a leak.
Where Do Leaks Happen?
While a dripping faucet can be an annoying and obvious leak, it frequently isn’t dangerous to your home. Leaks can spring up nearly anywhere, however. A leak under your foundation can cause extensive damage to your home. Plumbing leaks can easily be hidden, but our non-invasive detection procedures and advanced technology let us pinpoint the source. As Knoxville leak detection experts, we can help you determine what work needs to be done to remedy the situation.
Common leak areas include:
- The service line, which runs between your meter or pump and your home. Commonly, your service line runs under your yard or driveway.
- Slab leaks, when either your hot or cold plumbing line develops a leak where it runs beneath the slab of your home.
- Inside the walls and floors of your home, where the plumbing passes through.
- Basements and crawlspaces, which can flood or damage the foundation of your home.
- Other plumbing systems, such as radiant floor heating, hydronic cooling and heating lines, snow melt systems, and other plumbing systems in your home.
The Benefits of Catching Leaks Early
Early leak detection is crucial for protecting your home. We use state-of-the-art leak detection technology to locate the leaks that may be damaging your home, and develop a plan to correct these issues. Our friendly Knoxville plumbers are neat, efficient, and highly professional, so you can trust that the job will be done right, done quickly, and we’ll leave your home as clean as we can.
Schedule a leak detection service in Knoxville with The Plumbing Authority Heating & Cooling today. Call today or contact us online!